Craft Beer Festival & Live Comedy
This year, we have formed a collaboration with Hook Norton Brewery and
A Rush of Laughter Comedy Club to bring together a beer and comedy festival.
This will be held in the centre of the event in the Festival Zone with over 30 specialist food stalls and artisan suppliers to include Pizza, Mediterranean, Sea Food, Crepes, Tai, Japanese, traditional English, Pasties, Paella and Tapas.
Hook Norton Brewery will be hosting a Craft Beer Festival with a 20 craft beer selection, including cider, including a 'Meet the Brewer' and free tasting sessions.
Craft Beers Available To Enjoy
- Southern Cross 3.6% - A flavoursome, hoppy beer at a very ‘sessionable’ ABV. Pale golden with a great aroma and freshness from the pine and lemony characteristics of the New Zealand hops. The brewers have packed in plenty of character and layers of flavour, rare in a 3.6% beer.
- Cheshire Cat 4.0% Blonde Ale Smooth and well-balanced with refreshing citrusy flavours. Very blonde and very easy drinking. Chester’s favourite.
- Tatton Gold 4.8% - A full-tasting, satisfying deep golden special ale. This is a beer with a generous maltiness backed up by a robust hop character.
- Lazy Hazy 3.7% A light, refreshing summer ale with subtle honey undertones, brewed with a unique infusion giving a delicate aroma.
The Cheshire Brewery
- Cheshire Set 4.0% Golden Ale Young, blonde and vibrant and only seen in the best places, pale citrusy & refreshing late hopped with rare Keyworth Early Hops.
- Engine Vein 4.2% Copper Bitter Award winning copper premium bitter, very balanced easy drinking with marmalade citrus from late hopped First Gold.
- Trapper’s Hat 3.8% - A refreshingly hoppy session beer. Gold coloured with a complex bouquet, it provides a mouthful of fruit zest, with hints of orange and grapefruit. This was our first brew and remains the most popular having won several awards.
- Sandpiper 3.6% A good summery brew at and a touch of citrus and mango.
Purple Moose Brewery
- Elder 4% A refreshing pale ale brewed using Cascade hops with the added indulgence of elderflower.
- Golden Ale 4.6% - A true Golden Ale. Hoppy and slightly bitter with a citrus and slightly sweet aftertaste. Ingredients - Water, the finest UK grown malted BARLEY, yeast and whole hops only.
Bollingtons Brewing Company
- Bollington Best 4.2% - A crisp and hoppy golden bitter
- Long Hop 3.9% - A hoppy summer flavour pale ale.
- Purple Reign 4.4%: A single hopped light blonde summer ale with a finish of lemongrass and pine (this is a commemorative beer for the Queens 90th birthday)
- BPA (Burscough Pale Ale) 4.6%: A triple hopped golden pale ale with a finish of citrus and grapefruit
Turpins Brewery, Hook Norton
- Turpin Golden Citrus - 4.2% Refreshing Golden ale bursting with American hops. Light, hoppy with citrus overtones.
Hook Norton Brewery
- Hooky – 3.5% - A subtly balanced, golden bitter, hoppy to the nose, malty on the palate - the classic session beer, eminently drinkable
- Old Hooky – 4.6% - A beautifully balanced beer, fruity by nature, with a well-rounded body and the suggestive echo of Crystal Malt.
- Lion – 4.0% - Lion is perfectly balanced, fresh and fruity. A blend of four malts and four hops gives a slightly sweet taste and a wonderful aroma of dark fruit
- Hooky Mild – 2.8% - A dark chestnut coloured ale, full of roast malt flavours, complemented with superb dry-hop aromas from English Goldings
- Hooky Gold - 4.1% - A very pale, crisp beer, with a hoppy character. A fruity aroma and a pleasant, light taste.
- Drayman’s Drop – 3.7% - A light brew with a complex hop aroma. Malted barley complemented with a bushel or two of malted wheat and some fruity Slovenian hops.
- One Leg Standing – 4.2% - Amber Red IPA
- Double Stout – 4.8% - A blend of malts gives Double Stout it's character. Black malt enriches the colour and delivers an unmistakable 'toast' flavour. Brown malt gives it the dryness.
- Right Hook - 4.6%
Live Comedy With A Rush of Laughter Comedy Club
The Comedy line up wouldn't look out of place at the world famous
Comedy Store and on Saturday night compere Adam Rushton will be introducing the following comics.
- Ray Peacock - As Seen On: Skins, Dr Who, Russell Howards Good News, Not Going Out & Doctors
“Incessantly hilarious” The Guardian
“Unrestrained silliness, uninhibited childishness” The Independent
- Duncan Oakley - Duncan Oakley has been a musician since the age of six, has performed on the UK comedy circuit since 1999, appeared at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, on BBC Radio 4 and at many summer festivals
7.30pm Adam Rushton
7.35pm Duncan Oakley
8.10pm Jojo Sutherland
8.35pm Rahul Kohli
9.00pm Ray Peacock
Buy Your Tickets Now!
The Craft Beer & Comedy Festival is free to attend with a daytime Cholmondeley Power and Speed ticket, alternatively you can buy just a Saturday evening ticket for £15.